Last Modified on: 1 August 2019
The Company is a technology company that does not provide financial services and is not a financial services provider. These financial services are provided by other third party financial services providers and the final decision belongs to You in whether to accept their offer of financial services. The service of the Company is to link You with such third party financial services providers but it does not and is not intended to provide financial services or any action that can be construed in any way as an act of a financial services provider. The Company is not responsible nor liable for the acts and/or omissions of any third party financial services provider and/or any financial services provided to You.
HOW REDBRICK WORKS
The Company is a technology company that supports financial service brokers in comparing the prices of various general financial service and banking products in Singapore offered to their customers in Singapore. The Company works with third party financial service companies, financial service brokers, financial service agents, financial institutions and/or other financial services product intermediaries (collectively, the “Financial Services Provider” or “Financial Services Providers”) in Singapore who provide us with their product specifications, prices and any other relevant data to support the efforts of financial service brokers.
The Company renders services through the use of its Application and Software at no charge to the user. The Company’s main source of revenue is from fees received from financial service brokers when they have successfully assisted the user in obtaining a financial service or banking product from Financial Service Providers.
The information provided through out Application and Software is that is related to any product or service provided by the Financial Service Providers is based on information and data we obtain from Financial Service Providers and any information You have provided. As such, the Company does not bear any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, completeness or correction of the information and cannot be held responsible or liable for any errors, mistakes or omissions as well.
When the user decides to purchase a product or service from a Financial Services Provider, the user is entering into an agreement with the Financial Services Provider and not with the Company. Subsequently, the Company does not bear any responsibility or liability for the purchase, the suitability or quality of the product or services or the agreement the user enters into with the Financial Services Provider.
USER REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
You may only access the Service using authorized means. The Company is not liable if You do not have a compatible device or if You have downloaded the wrong version of the Software to Your device. The Company reserves the right not to permit You to use the Service should You use the Application and/or the Software with an incompatible or unauthorized device or for purposes other than the purposes for which the Software and/or the Application is intended to be used.
By using the Software or the Application, You agree that:
- You will only use the Service for lawful purposes;
- You will only use the Service for the purpose for which it is intended to be used;
- You will not use the Application for sending or storing any unlawful material or for fraudulent purposes;
- You will not use the Application and/or the Software to cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience or make fake submissions;
- You will not use the Service, the Application and/or the Software for purposes other than obtaining the Service;
- You shall not intentionally or unintentionally cause or attempt to cause damage to the third party services provider;
- You will not try to harm the Service, the Application and/or the Software in any way whatsoever;
- You will not copy, or distribute the Software or other content without written permission from the Company;
- You will only use the Software and/or the Application for Your own use and will not resell it to a third party;
- You shall not employ any means to defraud the Company or enrich Yourself, through any means, whether fraudulent or otherwise, through any event, promotion or campaign launched by the Company to encourage new subscription or usage of the Service by new or existing users;
- You shall not cause a nuisance or behave in an inappropriate or disrespectful manner towards the Company or the third party services provider regardless of any misgivings that You may have against the Company or the third party services provider;
- You shall not impair or circumvent the proper operation of the network which the Service operates on;
- You agree that the Service is provided on a reasonable effort basis; and
- You are responsible for checking and ensuring the suitability, usefulness, quality, adequacy and availability of the products or services of the Financial Services Providers displayed on our Application or Website for Your personal use and if necessary or desired, You should seek and obtain professional advice on the products prior to making any purchasing decision.
PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY
You agree and consent to the Company, its subsidiaries and any of its affiliate companies collecting, using, processing and disclosing Your Personal Data to:
- provide, offer and administer our various products and services, or otherwise as permitted by law respond to Your enquiries, providing You with assistance You request of us, maintaining and administering our products and services;
- process Your survey or questionnaire responses; market research and the collection of general statistical information using common internet technologies such as cookies;
- providing You with marketing information regarding other products and services (of ours or a third party);
- performing administrative operations (including accounting and risk management);
- quality assurance and training purposes and any other purpose identified at the time of collecting Your information.
The Application and Software are provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
No Content in the Website shall constitute financial, legal or risk assessment advice on which You should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only. You should always seek independent professional or specialist advice before participating in any transaction, whether as a borrower or investor.
We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that the Website will meet Your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.
Whilst We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on the Website is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, We do not make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date.
Whilst We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Website is secure and free from viruses and other malware, We do not guarantee that the Website is secure or free from viruses or other malware and will not accept any liability in this regard. You are responsible for protecting Your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, We accept no liability to any User for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) the Website or the use of or reliance upon any Content included on the Website.
We shall not be liable for any loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage even if We have been advised of the possibility of such damage.
We shall not accept any liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of the Website due to external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We shall not be in breach of this Agreement, nor be liable for any failure or delay in the performance of any other obligations under this Agreement arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions, accidents beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to any of the following:
- acts of God, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm or other natural disaster;
- war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, breaking off of diplomatic relations or similar actions;
- terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotions or riots;
- nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom;
- fire, explosion or accidental damage;
- collapse of building structures, failure of plant machinery, machinery, computers or vehicles;
- interruption or failure of utility service, including but not limited to electric power, gas or water;
- any labour disputes, including but not limited to strikes, industrial action or lockouts;
- any interruption to the Platform or Services outside our reasonable control; and/or
- acts of any government or authority.
You irrevocably agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any claims, liabilities, losses, claims, damages and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising from or in relation to (i) Your use and misuse of our Application or Software; (ii) Your breach of any of the provisions of these T&C’s; (iii) Your infringement of any intellectual property rights including the Website IP or (iv) any third parties claims against us arising from or in relation to the aforementioned events under (i), (ii) or (iii).
TERMINATION / SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNT / USE OF SERVICE
We shall not be liable to You for such suspension or termination. If Your account is terminated or cancelled for any reason whatsoever, You shall not be entitled to any compensation whatsoever. For the avoidance of doubt, the suspension or termination shall not prejudice Our rights against You for the breach of these terms, for any amounts due or other obligations accrued prior to such suspension or termination. This Clause shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS
A person who is not a party to this User Agreement shall not have or acquire any right to enforce any term of this User Agreement (including, but not limited to, any right to enforce or have the benefit of any exclusion or limitation of liability contained in this User Agreement) under the Contract (Right of Third Parties) Act, Chapter 53B of Singapore. This Clause shall override any other Clause in this User Agreement that is or may be inconsistent with it.
GOVERNING LAW AND SUBMISSION TO JURISDICTION